Sunday, March 15, 2009

Head Room

(Valerie Sullivan)

I breathe you in,
Into the deepest depths of my lungs
Clasping my lips together
So that you never escape
There is nothing i fear more,
than my next gasp of air,
for it is then that i set you free
to diffuse into particles and blend with the rest
my cherished little breath.
____________________________________

Promise fills the emptiness of leaving
Possibilities swell within me that charter me into the unknown
Like caves dimly lit,
Entering with a silent guide solely providing a sense of direction
At arrival, stone cold rocks dig under your feet
Your weight shifts
Stepping on this new terrain, a wrong step can send you falling
With a hint of force, upright you will be
For how long? No one knows
For the first step is only the beginning.   

No comments:

Post a Comment